- French baguette, sliced
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup of canned artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- Mint leaves for garnish (optional)
Happy hump day everyone! We are drawing near to game day so I am introducing another healthy and very tasty appetizer and snack for your party on Sunday. Everyone loves Greek Salad but we all love finger foods, so behold the Greek Salad Bruschetta! I tried this recipe around Thanksgiving and it was a hit, quick bite sized, crunchy and flavor filled snacks!
- To grill the baguette slices: Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle some olive oil over the baguette slices. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet (or you could place them directly on a grill) and grill for 2-3 minutes, or until you have grill marks.
- To toast the baguette slices: Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Drizzle some olive oil over the baguette slices. Place baguette slices on a baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until toasted golden brown.
- Bruschetta topping: In a medium bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, cucumbers, kalamata olives, red onions, artichoke hearts, feta cheese and red wine vinegar. Season with oregano, salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Top baguette slices with bruschetta topping, top with a mint leaf (optional). Serve immediately so the bread does not get soggy.
All Greeks love everything with lemon. Sometimes in the bruschetta topping I will take a half a lemon and squeeze it in the mixture. If you are a fan give it a try. I have also used 1/2 cup of cherry or grape tomatoes halved to replace the diced tomatoes. One last thing you could do is spread hummus on the grilled/toasted baguette before adding the topping, talk about flavor explosion!