- 1 dozen Kalamata Olives, pitted
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2-3 ounces of Feta Cheese (optional)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon dill
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
As we all probably know, olives are the lifeblood of Greek cooking and Greek cuisine and this recipe utilizes them in two different ways. Whole Kalamata olives are used for their texture and flavor, and the olive oil is used to help smooth out the consistency of the spread to help absorb the flavors of the garlic and parsley. This dish is wonderfully flavorful as an appetizer for a party or just to have for your crackers.
In my household I will serve this with pita bread and a side dish of feta cheese to go along side every meal and we can never forget the Greek Salad, another staple of the Greek meal.
- Using a knife, cut the olives into very small pieces and remove the pits.
- Place the olive bits in a small bowl and add the olive oil, garlic, parsley, dill, salt and pepper and mix until blended well.
- Refrigerate for one hour to allow for the olive oil to absorb the flavors of the garlic and spices.
- Serve with pita bread.
Note: Any leftovers should only be kept for 2-3 days.