- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 15-20 spears of asparagus, wooden ends removed
- Salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 lemon, juiced
I love asparagus and I often like to make this recipe as it’s real quick, tasty and very easy to make. I like to add this to a lot of my main dishes I cook up. As I am a huge fan of garlic the flavor of the garlic and the parmesan gives a nice yummy taste to the asparagus. And to top it all off at the end you squeeze some lemon over it all! Oh my! Enjoy!
- Remove the wooden ends of the asparagus. Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the asparagus spears in a single layer then cover with a lid and cook until the asparagus is bright green and still crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover and season with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste.
- Continue to cook, stirring often until the spears are fork tender yet still a bit crisp, about another 2 minutes.
- Move the spears to one side of the skillet then add the last 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil to the other side of the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic to the olive oil, and cook for 30 seconds, stirring the garlic constantly.
- Toss the spears with the garlic and olive oil for 30 seconds then remove from the skillet to a serving plate and squeeze lemon juice over asparagus.
- Top with shredded Parmesan cheese and serve immediately.