- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced (or minced)
- 1/2 tablespoon rosemary (or 1 sprig of fresh if you have it)
- pinch of red pepper flakes
- small handful of almonds (whole or halved)
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15.5oz can of chickpeas, drained
- head of romaine lettuce
- Parmesan Cheese
I love chickpeas and the one tricky thing about this recipe is that one can can pretty much serve 2 people – when I made this I was able to share between my wife and I so I will count this as a 2 serving recipe. The one comment my wife had was that it needed dressing, I am ok with the roasted garlic, rosemary, tomato, almonds and the parmesan cheese. Next time I will figure out a good dressing. If you try it with dressing let me know what worked for you. Enjoy!
- Heat a frying pan with olive oil.
- Add garlic, rosemary, almonds, and red pepper flakes. Stir fry for about 1-2 minutes, until garlic is starting to brown.
- Toss in the drained chickpeas and continue to stir fry until chickpeas are warm and golden.
- Place chopped romaine lettuce in a large bowl with cherry tomatoes. Take chickpeas and toss in with lettuce. Place in another bowl and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.