- 2 red tomatoes, cut in wedges
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced or crumbled feta cheese
- salt and oregano to taste
As a kid this was one of the many variations of the classic Greek tomato salad. At the dinner table we always had this variation if not another. This is one of my favorites and needs very few ingredients, if you have a garden this recipe can make for a quick snack if not a quick lunch.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes and cucumber.
- Season with salt and oregano.
- Add vinegar and olive oil.
- Gently toss all the ingredients together.
- Top with feta cheese and serve.