- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter – melted
- 1 cup blueberries
Blueberry muffins are the perfect accompaniment to a weekend or holiday brunch, and they make a wonderful breakfast all on their own. But the truth is that once these delicious blueberry muffins come out of the oven, you’ll probably end up eating them all day long and have to make a few batches!
- Preheat over to 375 degrees
- Mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- In a separate bowl, whisk together, egg, milk and melted butter
- Add wet mixture to dry mixture and gently mix just until moistened. Fold in blueberries
- Pour batter into 12 muffin cups that have been prepared with cooking spray or muffin paper
- Bake for 20 minutes
In the world of fruit, blueberries and citrus are terrific buddies. Adding a mere 1/2 teaspoon of fresh lemon zest or orange zest to the batter dramatically changes the flavor profile of the muffin, making it – for lack of a better word – zesty! The blueberries taste more lively because they have another fruity flavor to play with. I like to sprinkle the zest over the dry ingredients right before I mix in the egg and milk mixture.