- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons Sherry wine vinegar
- olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons basil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2-3 tbsp of feta cheese
Everyone loves chicken! You can do so much with chicken, season it, saute it, marinate it, the possibilities are endless! Not only can you do anything with the chicken you can add plenty of toppings to it. Let’s take some cherry tomatoes and caramelize some sweet onions, top those with feta for a little salty taste and pour it over chicken. Drizzling the whole dish with some balsamic vinegar just completes this recipe.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onions then saute, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in vinegar and sugar; cook until onions are browned, until golden brown and caramelized – about 15-20 minutes. Season with sea salt, to taste
- In large pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat and season the chicken breasts with salt, and cracked pepper, to taste. Make sure pan is nice and hot before adding the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes before turning over. Cook for additional 4 minutes to desired degree of doneness. Remove from heat to a serving platter. Make sure to let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before slicing so it stays nice and juicy. Slice into thin strips at an angle once it has rested.
- While the chicken is resting, in the same skillet as the onions, add the cherry tomatoes then season with salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste. Cook for 4 minutes until the tomatoes are soft. Add the caramelized onions and minced garlic, stirring frequently for about a minute. Pour the tomatoes and onions on top of the sliced chicken, drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Top with feta cheese and basil.