- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zest
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dill
- dash of salt
- 1 pound of chicken breast, cut into cubes or bite-sized
Unless you are heading to a Greek Festival, going to Greece or have your own gyro meat cooked on a rotisserie you need another way to reproduce the delicious flavors of chicken souvlaki. In place of the rotisserie meat I decided to go with chicken for this recipe. This marinade is very easy to make. You simply mix the marinade, marinate the chicken and get them on the grill. The chicken souvlaki turns out great! It is moist, tender and tasty and it works well with the a pita and some tomatoes, onions, tzatziki and feta. Whatever you do do not forget the Greek Salad. This is an easy and super tasty light meal!
- Mix all the ingredients together, place everything in a sealed freezer ziplock bag or container with the chicken and let it marinate in the fridge for an hour or overnight.
- Skewer the meat and grill over medium-heat until cooked through, about 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Note: You do not have ot grill the meat you can cook it in a pan if you wish.