- 1 can of chickpeas (or 1 1/12 cups of cooked chickpeas)
- 1 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 3 cups of unsalted vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1 medium diced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic chopped
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dill
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup of tomato paste dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
I think this is another big hit with myself and the family and I am sure that you will also love this easy to make little vegan chickpea and brown rice side dish or main dish because it only takes about 35-45 minutes to whip up. You can use one pot, so clean up is a snap (I love it when clean up is one or two dishes). It only has a handful of ingredients and once things are combined you wait, and the aroma that fills the kitchen is amazing!
- In a dutch oven or large pot, heat up the coconut oil and salute the onions and garlic until translucent and garlic is soft.
- Add tomato paste dissolved in water, dill, pepper, cinnamon, chickpeas and rice.
- Stir well and cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable broth and bring to a low boil.
- Lower heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve and add fresh lemon