- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 oz)
- 1/3 cup chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 whole wheat burger buns, split
- 1 medium tomato, thinly sliced
Summer is slowly coming to an end and that means grilling season will be ending soon. Need a new burger recipe to try out on the grill before Summer comes to a close? If you’re getting bored with standard turkey burgers, try this souped-up version bursting with flavor from traditional Greek ingredients like feta cheese, garlic, and oregano. But let’s not forget to top it with a deliciously creamy Tzatziki sauce.
- In medium bowl, mix all burger ingredients except buns and tomatoes. Shape mixture into 4 patties, about 1/2 inch thick and 5 inches in diameter. (You can also make a bunch of mini turkey burgers)
- Place patties on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning after 5 minutes, or until the burgers are no longer pink in the center. Serve patties in buns with sauce and tomatoe.