All you will need is one red pepper for this – but you can use as many as you want if you plan to use them for other recipes – here is an easy way to roast a red pepper. Although you could easily buy jarred roasted red peppers, they are so easy to make at home and always good! You can easily use this method to roast other peppers.
- Cut the red peppers in half, remove the stem and seeds.
- Place the red peppers on a baking sheet with the cut side facing down.
- Preheat the oven to 450F and then change it to broil.
- Place the baking sheet on the top shelf in the oven and broil until the outer layer of the skin has blackened, about 10-20 minutes.
- Place the peppers in a zip-lock bag or other sealable container, seal and let them cool until you can handle them, about 20 minutes. (this creates a steam effect that will help make the skin come off easily)
- Remove the skins from the peppers. The skins should easily “pinch” off.