- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1.5 pounds good quality, lean ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans of diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6 ounce) can of tomato paste
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups of water
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 pound of rotini pasta
- 1 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
I think I missed the one-pot casserole craze that happened, but I stumbled upon a recipe recently trying to come up with cooking ideas and thought damn this sounds easy to make, why not try it out. This is certainly a great dish when you want to be lazy and have a lot going on and need something that can be ready in about a half hour, also you have one dish to have to clean if that isn’t enticing I don’t know what is. It certainly was a huge hit in our house and would love to share what I adopted. Enjoy and let me know what you think.
- In a large pot, Add olive oil, and sauté yellow onions until softened over medium heat.
- Increase heat to high and add ground beef.
- While ground beef is cooking, season with one teaspoon of season salt plus several turns of freshly ground pepper.
- Brown ground beef, and drain any excess fat from the pot.
- Use kitchen scissors to chop up whole tomatoes while still in the can.
- Add canned tomatoes, tomato paste, chicken broth, worcestershire sauce, water, mustard, pasta and additional salt and pepper to the pot and bring mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes until the pasta is al dente tender.
- Once pasta is cooked, remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle additional 1/2 cup shredded cheese on top and re-cover pot with lid until cheese is melted.
Alex, who needs hamburger helper when you got this delicious cheeseburger casserole that is quick and easy. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe !
Your welcome glad you enjoyed it! Let me know if you try out any other recipes on the blog feedback is always welcome!