- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 8oz can tomato paste
- 1 15.5 oz can butter beans
- 1 package of penne pasta
- 1 teaspoon of oregano or Italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- shaved parmesan, to serve
This is a quick and hearty and satisfying meal, also if you just opened up a new wine bottle and need to use it up this is a perfect opportunity to use a little for your sauce. This tastes even better with meatballs, sausage or other meat if you prefer. If butter beans are not available feel free to use anything you have in place of it.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook pasta according to the packet directions.
- Meanwhile, place garlic in saucepan with a little olive oil and brown for 1-2 minutes.
- When garlic is cooked to liking, place wine, tomato paste and beans and the bean liquid from the can in the same saucepan with garlic. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until the sauce is starting to thicken.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and add to the sauce. Stir in until everything is hot.
- Taste and season. Serve with parmesan shavings on top.