- 1 lb. of favorite pasta
- 3 tablespoons Olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups of skim milk
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Today, I’m finally getting around to sharing a quick and easy dinner recipe that is absolutely delicious. One evening I wanted to find a healthier alternative to alfredo sauce, I enjoy the creamy deliciousness of the sauce but I am not a huge fan of making it with butter and heavy cream, with a little experimentation and playing around I have developed an easy to make alfredo sauce. Enjoy and let me know how things turn out for you.
- Cook pasta to desired liking
- Heat olive oil in large skillet, add onions and garlic, cook until transparent.
- In medium bowl, whisk together milk, broth, flour, salt, and pepper until well blended
- Stir mixture into skillet and cook until mixture begins to thicken and boil. Stir in Parmesan Cheese
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.