- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- 2 roasted red peppers
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, pepper and cayenne to taste
In my household hummus is a staple. If there is hummus in the house it is typically gone in 2 days. We love it as a snack as it is healthy and light and goes with just about everything. Granted we all love basic hummus but adding different ingredients to the basic mixture just adds some amazing flavor and is a nice treat from the normal hummus recipe.
One of the greatest things about hummus, other than eating it, is that you can throw it together in about 10 minutes and make it whenever you want!
You can serve it with just about anything, whole wheat pita wedges seasoned with salt and pepper, vegetables, crackers or more. It is also great on sandwiches and wraps or even breakfast!
- Puree all the ingredients in a food processor adding water or oil if necessary to bring it to the consistency that you like
- Add salt, pepper and cayenne to taste.