- 3 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 3 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (you can do whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons dark cocoa powder (unsweetened cocoa powder can be used)
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 ounces milk chocolate morsels
- pinch of salt
You do not need a campfire to make some delicious S’mores, granted they are still the best way to have S’mores. But if you cannot get to the woods or a campsite to make them you can do everything in your kitchen in just about 5-10 minutes. All you need is a microwave and all the ingredients, OH and do not forget a mug.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of butter and 1 ounce of chocolate into a small bowl, melt in the microwave for 20-25 seconds. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine remaining butter with 2 tablespoons of graham cracker crumbs and stir until moist.
- Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of the mug
- Whisk egg, sugar and vanilla in another bowl until smooth. Proceed to add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, stir until a thick batter.
- Stream in the melted butter and chocolate mixture and combine.
- Add half the mixture on top of the graham crust, then put on a scoop of marshmallow. Add the remaining batter on top.
- Pop the mug into the microwave for 1 minute (depends on the power of your microwave to get the right time-one minute worked for me the first time around)
- Remove and top with additional marshmallows and sprinkle graham crumbs over the top.
[Recipe adapted from Food Network]