- Olive-Oil for tossing
- 2-3 large sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch long slices
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons of sugar (optional)
The baking times are approximate; it depends on how thick you want to cut your wedges (or if you prefer rounds) of sweet potatoes. Try to cut them evenly so they all cook at about the same rate. If you want to add sugar it will help intensify the sweetness of the fries, but you can easily leave it out if you want.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. For more crispness, preheat your oven to 500 degrees F.
- In a large bowl toss sweet potatoes with just enough olive-oil to coat. Sprinkle with paprika, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the wedges in a single layer on prepared baking sheet, be sure not to overcrowd; the oil they are coated with should keep them from sticking to the baking sheet.
- Bake until sweet potatoes are tender and golden brown, turning occasionally (as to not burn the bottoms), about 20 minutes.