- 4 slices of whole wheat bread
- 1/4 pound of cheese, slices 1/3" thick
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
Someone in the world or some cosmic force decided that April is National Grilled Cheese Month! Now who doesn’t love a salty, buttery, toastes slice of bread sandwhiched together with ooey gooey cheese!?!?! It’s the ultimate comfort food and everyone from toddler to retired folks love it (I know I sure do). Here at Alex Likes to Cook I am going to put together some amazing grilled cheese combination for the month of April that will get you excited about the worlds ultimate comfort food and spice up the life of the classic grilled cheese!
- Heat the skillet on low heat and add enough butter to coat the pan evenly.
- Assemble the slices of bread with the cheese and gently press them together to hold them in place.
- Put the sandwich in the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over low heat. Use the spatula to check for a golden brown color after 5 minutes.
- After a golden brown color has been achieved, flip the sandwich over and check after 5 minutes for the same golden brown color. Cheese should be completely melted at this point.
- Plate the sandwich and serve with a bowl of tomato soup. Yum!